The best way to find out if GVA is for you is to read about some of the people who have been in your shoes. Here are some stories from our most recent graduates to give you a taste of life and work in our offices.
- Alice Haxby - London, Commercial Surveying
- Charlie Walker - London, Commercial Surveying
- George Smith - Manchester, Planning
- James Salmon - Birmingham, Commercial Surveying
- Will Blackburn - London, Building Surveying
- James Warner - London, 3 month work placement
- Isobel Pierce - London, Summer work placement
- Anya Leusink - Newcastle, Summer work placement
- Rob Devoy - Leeds, Building
- Katie Constable-Mayne - Manchester, Building
"GVA is a great company to work for, and I am very fortunate to be employed by them.
My working in the Mineral, Waste Management and Energy department has been so varied. Most of my day to day work in the team included writing valuation reports, calculating whether a site needed to appeal its rateable value and dealing with enquiries for sites that were on the market. Site visits include looking at incinerators, compost heaps and recycling plants covering all aspects of waste management. There is always something to do!
GVA provides a very good training scheme for the APC, which is one of the advantages of being employed by a large company.
The office is ideally situated in London's West End, with a friendly working atmosphere with lots of support. There are plenty of social activities too - I've joined the netball, hockey and soft ball teams, which is an ideal way to meet staff from the other departments."
Rotational London, Graduate commercial surveyor